The Sunway Cancer
What is The Sunway Cancer Support Fund?
Established by Sunway Healthcare Group, the Sunway Cancer Support Fund anchors on the mission to prevent cancer and support cancer patients. The goal is to prevent cancer by emphasising early diagnosis through health screenings, and support cancer patients through the subsidy of comprehensive treatments. We want to ensure cancer patients are able to live life to the fullest regardless of the disease or its aftermath.
Coupled with financial support and access to advanced medical technology as well as highly qualified cancer specialists, we hope to improve treatment outcomes for cancer patients. Additionally, our supportive and buddy care programme help patients address the challenges of cancer beyond their medical treatment, focused around three pillars – emotional wellbeing, staying active and eating well.
Early screening is crucial to ensure the best possible outcome from treatment and high chance of survival. Up to 63.7 percent of overall cancer cases in Malaysia were detected late at Stage 3 and 4. Our “Brave The Cancer” campaign aims to educate and provide Malaysians free screenings for the top 4 cancers in the country.
The free screening procedures that will be offered periodically are:
Breast Cancer Screening
- Mammogram (for those above the age of 40)
Colorectal cancer screening
- M2-PK Test
Lung Cancer Screening
- Low-Dose CT Scan
Cervical Cancer Screening
- Pap Smear
Frequently Asked Questions
Interested applicants are required to make an appointment to visit our Oncologist or Haematologist at the Sunway Cancer Centre. Call 03-74919191 to make an appointment.
- Malaysian citizen
- Subsidies are only applicable for treatment provided at Sunway Medical Centre
- Patients with a total household income of RM5,000 and below
- Patients with insufficient insurance coverage
Between 3 – 5 working days upon submission of complete documents
- Copy of NRIC
- Latest EA Form
- 3 Months’ Bank Statement (personal or primary income earner in a household)
- Details of Insurance Coverage
The aim of screening programs is to pick up very early cancers in healthy individuals, who do not have symptoms, or in some cases to prevent cancer.
You are eligible for colorectal cancer screening if you fulfill several criteria below;
- Aged between 45 to 75 years old.
- Have a family history of colorectal cancer or precancerous polyps. (Family member: Parent, Siblings, Own Child)
- Have a history of ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease), Crohn disease or colorectal polyps.
- Have signs/symptoms of colorectal cancer such as blood in stool, significant changes in bowel habits or unexplained abdominal pain/cramping/weight loss.
- Have not conducted a colonoscopy screening in the past 6 months.
No. Appointments will be scheduled based on the screening center's availability, and the colorectal screenings will take place in the months of March, April and May.
If you are eligible for this free screening, we will contact you within 5 - 12 working days.
Our Free Screening will be conducted within the months of March, April and May 2023, however there are limited daily slots available. For more information, please WhatsApp 011-3322 6645.
Free screenings are aimed at decreasing delayed diagnosis of cancer. Patients who have already been diagnosed with cancer will move on to the treatment stage.